Decisions, Recommendations, Agreements, Implementation Reports and FormatsGeneral Note:
- This list includes Decisions, Recommendations and other agreements adopted:
- between 1974 and 1997 under the 1972 Oslo Convention;
- between 1978 and 1997 under the 1974 Paris Convention; and
- since 1998 under the 1992 OSPAR Convention.
- Under article 31(2) of the OSPAR Convention, Decisions, Recommendations and all other agreements adopted under the 1972 Oslo Convention or the 1974 Paris Convention shall continue to be applicable, unaltered in their legal nature, to the extent that they are compatible with, or not explicitly terminated by, the OSPAR Convention, and Decisions or, in the case of recommendations, any recommendations adopted under the OSPAR Convention.
- By Decision 98/1 (which became binding on 9 February 1999), the OSPAR Commission revoked all previous Decisions, Recommendation and other agreements which were not compatible with the OSPAR Convention or which had become spent (for instance, because their terms had been included in the OSPAR Convention). The pre-1998 Decisions, Recommendations and other agreements contained in this list are therefore those which are continued in force by article 31(2) of the OSPAR Convention.
- The entry into force of the 1992 OSPAR Convention required Contracting Parties which were not Contracting Parties to the former Oslo Convention (the European Community, Luxembourg and Switzerland) or the former Paris Convention (Finland, Luxembourg and Switzerland) to indicate their position with respect to the Decisions, Recommendations and other agreements adopted under the 1972 Oslo Convention and the 1974 Paris Convention, which continued to be applicable.
- The table indicates those Decisions, Recommendations and other agreements which are not applicable to Finland, Luxembourg or Switzerland either because they are only applicable to Contracting Parties which are coastal states of the OSPAR maritime area, or because national legislation now contains more stringent provisions, and it is inappropriate now to accept outdated measures, or because, in the case of Luxembourg, the measure is still under study.
Decisions, Recommendation and related Implementation Reports and Formats
Click on the button below to open the list of Decisions, Recommendation and related Implementation Reports and Formats relating to the Hazardous Substances Strategy.
Click on the button below to open the list of Agreements relating to the Hazardous Substances Strategy.